The liver is not only just responsible for hormone production, but also responsible for detoxification.
There are several foods that are great for the liver:
- Broccoli contains sulforaphane (from glucoraphanin), which helps the liver to promote the production of detoxifying enzymes.
- It has been shown that it can also help kill cancerous cells as it also increases the production of glutathione transferases (a group of enzymes involved in the neutralisation of carcinogens).
- Lemon contains large amounts of vitamin C (antioxidant), which helps the absorption of other nutrients. Because vitamin C is a water soluble vitamin, this meant that you can get the most of the vitamin C from lemon by adding water to it and drinking it. If you have stomach disorder and afraid to drink too much lemon water, then you can get rid of the yellow skin and just leave with the white skin.
- Green tea is a rich source of catechin (an antioxidant) that helps get rid of free radicals and which also promotes the detoxification process.
- Olive oil also contains large amounts of antioxidant that also help get rid of free radicals in our body.
- Garlic contains sulfide which makes the liver produce more detoxifying enzymes. It also contains allicin that also have a detox effect.